PILOT KNOB LUTHERAN COMMUNIQUÉ
(Official communication to the public)
PKLC Communiqué 7/17/19
God’s Word is powerful and the paraphrase of 1 Corinthians 13:4-8 when read each day for a month along with everything else mentioned the last two communiqués on depression can counter your perception of yourself.
- Because God loves me, He is slow to lose patience with me.
- Because God loves me, He takes the circumstances of my life and uses them in a constructive way for my growth.
- Because God loves me, He has no need to impress me with how great and powerful He is because He is God, nor does He belittle me as His child in order to show me how important He is.
- Because God loves me, He does not send down His wrath on every little mistake I make, of which there are many.
- Because God loves me, He does not keep score of all my sins and then beat me over the head with them whenever He gets the chance.
- Because God loves me, He is deeply grieved when I do not walk in the ways that please Him, because He sees this as evidence that I don’t trust Him and love Him as I should.
- Because God loves me, He rejoices when I experience His power and strength and stand up under the pressure of life for His Name’s sake.
- Because God loves me, He keeps on working patiently with me even when I feel like giving up and can’t see why He doesn’t give up with me, too.
- Because God loves me, He never says there is no hope for me; rather He patiently works with me, loves me and disciplines me in such a way that it is hard for me to understand the depth of His concern.
- Because God loves me, He never forsakes me, even though many of my friends might.
- Because God loves me, He stands with me when I have reached the rock bottom of despair. It is a moment like this that I can really believe that God loves me.
Yes, the greatest gift of all is God’s perfect love.
Taken from H. Norman Wright from James R. Beck and David T. Moore, helping worriers (Grand Rapids, MI: baker Books, 1994), adapted, p. 19-20.
Pr. Bob Snitzer
By the Way: Sunday 21, 9:00 Morning worship. Sermon: Reconciliation. Colossians 1:21-29