In ten days, we will be celebrating the most significant holiday in history, the incarnation that gives hope to all. Most of us think we know the events leading up to and including the event and what took place after. If you got your information mostly from TV, Christmas songs and Christmas programs you may be surprised. So, today’s communique will be on a light side to test your knowledge with a few questions. These could be used with your children and or following Christmas dinner. You will need a bible in hand to check the answers from Luke 1-2. You could read Luke 1-2:21 before answering the questions.
1. John the Baptist was born when Herod was king of?
2. Who was John the Baptist’s father and mother?
3. How many children did they have prior to John?
4. What was the first thing the angel said to Zechariah?
5. What was John never to drink?
6. Because of Zachariah’s doubt what happened to him?
7. How much older was John the Baptist than Jesus?
8. Who was Joseph a descendent of?
9. What did Mary say to the angel after hearing his message?
10. What did Elizabeth’s baby do when she met Mary?
11. Who issued a decree for a census?
12. Who was governor of Syria?
13. Joseph left what town and traveled to what town?
14. What was Jesus wrapped in at birth?
15. How many angels spoke to the shepherds in the fields at night?
16. What was the sign given to the shepherds to identify the baby Jesus?
17. How many angels sang: “Glory to God in the highest?
18. Shepherds went to see baby Jesus before or after the angels sang?
19. What did the shepherds do after they saw Jesus?
20. On what day after his birth was baby Jesus named?
Pr. Bob Snitzer
By the Way: Today Confirmation 4:30
Sunday 19, 9:00 Morning worship. Sermon: Is The Virgin Birth Necessary?
10:15 No Sunday school until January 9.
Prepare for the coming King
~ An easy way to donate to the church is to go to our website: www.pilotknob.org and click on the DONATIONS button at the top right.
~ Past communiques can be read on our website: www.pilotknob.org…